Wednesday 29 June 2011

Notes to self

I am thinking a lot about the gaps that I did not cover in my practise as a photographer in the feedback that I had from uni.  I have a respectable 2.1 predicted grade which, believe me, I was not expecting and in a way its given me a real boost on what I can achieve if only I really fully apply myself!  So what for this year?  Start a good audit trail of my activities, shows I attend artists talks etc.  Find my own critical language no airy fairy statements and be a lot more analytical.  Stop dabbling and dipping my toes into ideas, or less so, as most things that  I come across I am thinking how would I explore and make a project out of it.  What I need now is to see where my practise is taking me as its still a little unclear so I need to nail this over summer and look to do a real concentrated body of work and maybe a concentrated photo documentary would be a good start, something where I am spending more time on research and of what I want to achieve.  I am very handy with the candid shots but needs to push myself that bit more.  I have a good opportunity for this over summer as I expand my project which I did in my final piece at uni - the theme being the exploration of mental health.  For this I am working with another student to collaborate on this project with the aim of hosting a show - I will add the updates on here as we go along and look forwards to any input.

No comments:

Post a Comment