Wednesday 27 July 2011

EXUBERANCE





I was out with my friend Helen and our children on Monday afternoon, its been some time since we all got together and the children were so happy to be enjoying each others company.  We did what the children call "the wooded walk" a great walk right round the corner from where I live.   That day, as the children were exploring, they came across a field which had been freshly mowed.  The children loved it and threw the hay around and it was a delight to see how free and happy they were, as they should be and in relishing the joy of play and laughter.  It was also a reminder that children do not need lots of expensive gadgets and the best fun can be found in the simplest things.

 I did not have my main camera with me that day, so used my I Phone to capture movement and have been very pleasantly surprised at the results.  The images remind me of film images which have been  double exposed as you can also see the impression of another image over layed, which further adds to the movement of the children.   The images appeal to me as they are a reminder of the need to be free have fun, enjoy and to have a greater appreciation of the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment